I have been wanting to share random facts about me for a long time but I was never sure why I should. As a result, this post has been sitting in my draft for too long and today, I brace the courage to share. I thought, it will not be a bad idea for my dearest readers and followers to get to know more about me. I once shared in Too Much Information Tag but then a few more random facts should not hurt. Come with me, winks.
1. I have a name that I’m glad never appeared on my birth certificate and I have never ever used it in my life. Those who knows it know how much I don’t like the name. But some of my extended family members would not stop calling me that till tomorrow!
2. I dread injections and drugs. To give me injection, about 3 strong men need to hold me still. The last time I was really sick and had to be injected was 2003, I think I bit one of the doctors to avoid that injection or something close to that…and I wasn’t sorry. Needles is just a terrible thing to have invented if you ask me. Not like I prefer drugs too but I can manage to put it inside food and swallow it without tasting it.
3. I’m a hopeless romantic. Once I love, I love with all my entirety. And once I snap out of it, you cease to exist. You should read my e-book “Fading Away” on Okadabooks and also a review of it on Ibukunwrites blog.
4. I eat the cover of any plastic drink I take. Very weird, I know. I cut out a part of it and chew like a gum. It irritates me but it has become an unconscious habit. Please remind me not to try it when next we are on a date.
5. No matter how much I sleep late, I’m an early riser and I do not like it. I’m always like the first to get up from bed and it always get me more chores! Except on days I choose to indulge or pretend.
6. My love for blue is surprising. I own almost everything in blue color. Shoes, journals, plates, bags, clothes, accessories…And I choose to be Chelsea fan because of blue, forgive me if I do not even know the name of the coach.
7. I don’t like to cook not because I cannot cook but because of the mess the kitchen always creates afterwards. But when I choose to cook, I spend all day in the kitchen making more meals than I plan to.
8. I am finicky to a fault! My fear of dirt laying around or flying about, an unmade bed, plates in the sink, cobwebs, a toilet not flushed, white sink turning brown, dusty room is appalling. I guess it’s okay to say my OCD largely reflects in hygiene. My siblings avoid visiting me because of this. I scream their head down if I find my space in a mess.
9. My guilty pleasure is stalking, no apologies but I find myself doing it even when my mind is screaming “STOP IT”!
10. I collect pens like a prized possession. I can not visit a stationery store without buying one. As well as beautiful journals too.
See what I shared about this on my Instagram page here.
11. I forget things easily. Especially the good things I do for people. Good or bad. It never stays in my head as much as I try to remember until someone reminds me and I still don’t end up remembering it in details. If I remember vividly, then something is not right.
12. I get bored easily and I can not stay in a place for too long except my room though. I once wrote about what defines boring.
13. I am a movie freak. And I am here wondering why I have not been writing movie reviews on my blog. I can stay in bed all day watching movies without getting tired.
14. My fear of cockroaches scares me. I once slept on my study table back in University because a cockroach was strolling freely on my bed and I couldn’t kill it and I was so sleepy.
15. If I remember your birthday without being reminded by Facebook, you are special. There was a time I don’t forget these but I think I am aging really fast now 🤦♀️
16. If I have never fart around you, it means we are not good friends and I am pretending. I would stop there 😁
17. We just cannot be friends if you use ‘k’ in a conversation. It is ridiculous, annoying and a big turn off to me.
18. I’m attracted to intelligent and creative people. I can not stand someone who is boring or lack a good conversation skill.
19. Don’t touch my phone behind my back! It’s my pet peeve. Don’t read my journals, diaries and jottings behind me! It’s fun when we sit together to do it but behind me, you just made an enemy!
20. I don’t know how to be angry for long. Once I sleep over it, I’ve forgotten why it even happened. And when I’m angry, just leave me alone to go and boil and get over it. If you try to talk about it, it makes it worse 🤦♀️ except I want to. I just think I am selfish or maybe not.
There you have it with random facts about Debs. Do not laugh too much and do not take it too serious, they are just random facts and may be annoying or interesting.
You can read my previous post here.
Leave a comments, pretty please. Subscribe to this blog, also connect with me on social media, let’s be friends.
Until next time darlings, cheers.