I feel like it’s my own birthday! I should lit a candle, bake a cake and treat myself to a dinner for this wonderful milestone.
You may begin to wonder what the big deal is? It is some serious big deal for me.
It is a year I started blogging.
A year I decide to make a move from procrastinating to really blogging. I procrastinate a lot and I am thankful I am gradually getting rid of that.
A year I choose to share my journey with you all.
A year I decided talking about it will help me heal.
Related: I almost let go at a point but glad I did not because I Can’t Stay Away
I’ve had a very rough growing up and since I choose to blog, I have in one way or the other bare it all and it has really helped me grow and be sane. It has helped me heal and understand life differently.
I choose blogging because I love to write, because I love to share but no one would listen, because writing is part of my life, it is a means to reach out to others who are experiencing the same challenge I am going through. Blogging has helped me discover myself and it has helped me meet YOU.
Without your daily clicks, readership, follower-ship and sharing, I won’t be here today. Debs Corner is still sitting pretty today because it has you and you helping it grow, I am eternally grateful.
To celebrate this blog’s birthday today (please let me use birthday na, pardon me), I shared a post about Giveaways and today we have winners. I will answers the questions and explained why these ones have been selected as the winners.
- What date was the first post on the self hosted domain DebsCorner posted?The self hosted domain is debwritesblog.com. I was formerly hosted on the free wordpress site and I felt “No, this is not what I wanted from the start. I want my own website and yes I did it. The first post on this site is Reporting from Debwritesblog.com on 13th November 2016.
- Share your favorite post on this blog on your Facebook, Instagram or twitter page and say why it is your favorite. Copy and paste the link in the comment section after sharing. Most people did this but we can only select a winner.
- Which blogger is the inspiration behind Debs Corner? Paste his/her link with your answer. If you have been an ardent follower/reader of this blog, you’d have come across posts where I always say the name of the blogger who inspired Debs Corner. You can read here. Yes, I had the idea to start a blog but I never knew how to go about it until I stumbled on Ebukun’s Instagram account and I clicked the link in her bio which took me to her blog.So permit me to say, she is the inspiration behind Debs Corner and she has been my number #1 fan up till date. Thanks girl!
- Two followers/readers with the highest comment from all previous posts as stated here gets a giveaway. These ones constantly join a discussion, support me, criticize and cheer me on using the comment box. WordPress mobile app helped me in making this selection.
And the winners are:
I seem to have more male winners than female and one question was not answered, so…
- Olaleye Abayomi Immanuel, he performed #2 task first – A male handmade leather sandal from AY Shoe.
- Olumide David Bolarin, he answered #3 right although he failed to provide the link but he was the only one close to the answer- A male handmade leather sandal from AY Shoe
- RichTeewrites and Ebukunwrites with the top comments on the blog wins a Beadorned male and female Tee respectively.
All winners should please send me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
A big thanks to all the participants, I see all the attempt and of course everyone is a winner.
God bless you and yours truly. Thanks to everyone who is a part of my community.
You can of course send me a mail if you are interested in the cake (biggrin) as the celebration is still ongoing.
Have a beautiful weekend, loads of love from me to you all!