So this morning, I got a mail prompt that my darling and favorite blogger Ibukun who blogs at https://ibukunwrites.wordpress.com/ had just dropped a new post and when I opened and read, it was for a nomination post for The Liebster Award. Thanks so much for nominating me Ibukun and trust me I had to click on all the other nominees (the curious part of me) but that that is what the nomination is about after all – discovering new blogs- I must confess I love their posts!
I am also going to nominate
- Caleb Kel (runaway blogger) He blogs at https://kelsmooth.wordpress.com/
- Scribblers She blogs https://femalescribblers.wordpress.com/
- Tamelisa She blogs at https://accidentallyadulting.wordpress.com/
Let’s get to it and nominees, please note the questions you’d answer below as well…
- What inspired you to start a blog? Hm…I have always loved to write. I write on every piece of paper I carry around. My church note suffered most from this. While the pastor is on the pulpit preaching, my head begin in swim with different thoughts and I begin to scribble down. I have loads of fiction that has never left my bookshelf as well as anthologies. Along the line, a friend Jackson introduced me to writing for some blogs and the first and last I did was for loladeville.com. I was invited to write for sociafaculty (check them on Instagram) and honestly I couldn’t think of where to start from. I had this nudging friend and brother Henry, who has always pressurized me into starting my own blog. I had never given it a second thought. After he read my piece on Loladeville blog, he started messaging me every now and then to start my own blog. To be honest, the only reason I did not want to blog was because most blogs were basically for gossip and entertainment until I stumbled on Tomilolacoco Instagram page and then my darling Ibukun Instagram page and wordpress account. There and then, I knew there was more to owning a blog and giving it your own definition!
- Got any pet peeves? Someone standing over my shoulder reading the computer screen or my phone screen as I type. Like it is a personal electronic, you should know better..and it’s kinda creepy to me.
- Do you consider yourself an extrovert or introvert? I am an extrovert to people I have known so well and spend time with. But I am a big introvert if we are just meeting or speaking for the first time. I switch in between both though, depending on the personality I am with.
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would that be? I would wish I stop over trusting people and treating them the same way they treat me…lemme just pause there before I go into too much personal boring details…
- How would you describe your personal style? Simple but noticeable.
- What’s your favorite time of the day and why? Just before my bedtime. It gives me time to go over the day’s activity, mistakes and ways to improve tomorrow.
- Do you have a writers’ block? And if so how do you deal with it? Yes, I experience this sometimes. At the moment I have about 10 unfinished articles and fiction I have just paused on. When I really feel the need to share this, I just listen to some music, scroll through my WordPress account to read what other creative writers have posted, or sometimes I just take a walk and reflect on what message I actually wish to share with that post and voila…I have finish it.
- What would be the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery? My heart would do a quick calculation of those fancy bags, shoes, clothes, that I want to buy and that dream trip I want to take.
- With the money? My dear, na to invest sure pass o. So I can get returns on it…
- What talent don’t you have but want? Permit me to choose two please…That pitch perfect voice and Kaffy + Psquare dance skills…
- What inspires new ideas for your blog? God, personal experience, books, movies, discussion, travels, lifestyle and of course social media brouhahas…
- Three words that best describes you? Intellectually curious, smart and witty.
Phew…there you go Ibukun. Thanks for nominating me once again!!! It was fun telling a little about me.