SEARCH

Style Lookbook|| How I Styled Buba As A Corporate Fit

Style Lookbook|| How I Styled Buba As A Corporate Fit
My Iro and Buba Look

I have followed quite a number of style and fashion blogs and I have been learning and stealing style ideas from them. You must have seen how I stole Salmah’s layer look and restyled here.

I was trying to rearrange my closet some days ago when I made a good discovery. My old Iro and buba I used to own when I was a perfect size 10 ? It has been a while I wore it, then I remembered this church dedication service I needed to attend and it just came in handy, so I kept it aside for this reason.

Styling Iro as a Top

This was taken about 17 months ago

I thought I could use this ‘two-piece’ for something else and I kept trying to figure it out. The ‘buba’ (top) idea came first and I thought I could wear it as a blouse with a skirt or a jean or even a pant. I intended to style it with these ideas and see which will work out best, but procrastination will not let me do that.

Buba Style As a Top

Buba Style

Ah, who would have thought it’s the same top in the previous picture…?

At first I thought it was awkward but who cares? All you have to do it grace it with style! So I gotta start digging out my old bubas and I think I’m going to raid my mother’s wardrobe too whenever I visit her…evil grin.

And my black pump shoes came to the rescue. It was a perfect fit for the peplum skirt I am still not sure why I do not like, lols. I was really late for church already but the blogging spirit will not let me step out without a picture, hence the white color bag that was just sitting right in my face and a quick reach. When I looked through the pictures again, I felt it was not a bad choice after all.

What do you think darlings? Is it a yes or no? Hit or smash? Would you rock this or not?

If you get to style this, kindly tag me.

Instagram – Debwritesblog

Facebook – Debwritesblog

Twitter – Debwritesblog

Pinterest – Debwritesblog

Akingboye Deborah
You guessed right, my name is Deborah! And welcome to my blog. I love exploring issues around relationships, love, fashion, books, movies, health, career...basically everything you can think of when you think of lifestyle, yeah. Welcome to my blog!

You May Also Like

12 Comments

• girleccentric September 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Hey dear. Love the idea of buba and a skirt. It’s good on you.

• alarakaris September 17, 2017 10:58 pm

I totally love this, but I don’t have such outfits…My slimness won’t allow ??. Please bring back that Debs in the first picture ???

• Akingboye Deborah September 18, 2017 10:26 am

Aw dear, your ‘slimness’ will make it more cute
      I wish I can bring back that Debs, in fact I want that Debs more than ever…

• Akingboye Deborah September 18, 2017 10:30 am

Aw dear, your ‘slimness’ will make it more cute ❤️ I wish I can bring back that Debs, in fact I want that Debs back more than ever! ? Thanks for your compliment

• Salmah September 18, 2017 7:59 am

Aye! Fashionista! I would soon be coming on ur blog to steal style inspirations! You look amazing.

• Akingboye Deborah September 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Awww dearie, thank you…same way I’m always stealing from yours…

• Jahzmene September 19, 2017 5:15 pm

The only thing I see is you don’t like the pumps… Just send it over.. Oh I forgot we don’t wear the same size of shoes.. What a bummer!
    You nailed the look.. Gorgeous!

• Akingboye Deborah September 19, 2017 5:16 pm

?? I wish I can send it ? Stealer…Thanks darling ❤️❤️

• Ibukunwrites September 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Awwwwnnn this is everything!!!… Someone has a new photographer ?

• Akingboye Deborah September 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Ahahahaha, you don’t want to imagine who has been behind that camera?? Thanks boo

• Dee Awata August 25, 2018 12:51 pm

So out of the box loving it