“Being ignored by someone whose attention means the world to you is the worst feeling ever.”
The same way we have obsession over food, clothing and places, we find ourselves obsessing over humans. For those who are hopeless romantic, you suddenly find yourself becoming addicted to one person, crushing on him or her and then becoming excessively obsessed about them.
Your entire world revolves around this one person and you find it unbearable when it is not reciprocated.
The question on your mind now is, how do you know it’s obsession?
1. You want to talk to them everyday
2. You can’t stop stalking them on social media. You know everything about them without anyone telling you.
3. You can’t have a decent conversation with someone without mouthing their name like it’s some delicious food
4. When they don’t chat or talk with you, it feels as if someone has just diedObsession is unhealthy and most times, it leads to depression. Click To Tweet
5. You can’t make any move in life without first seeking their approval either directly or indirectly
6. When someone leave a cute comment on their page especially the opposite sex, you suddenly feel cheated.
A lot of people confuses this with being in love with the other party, but the depressing part of it is when the other party doesn’t even care about you. Not like they do not care about you as humans, they do not feel the same way you feel about them. This is crazy, trust me. Some people can get excessively obsessed about the other sex if not well controlled. While some people can manage obsession, some cannot.
When every of your actions towards them is frustrated and not reciprocated, that’s the number one fact that you need to get a grip on yourself.
“What consumes your mind, control your life”
Have you read Relationship: Law of Diminishing Return?
How do you stop ‘loving’ someone you’d readily catch a grenade for?
1. Admit You have an Obsession. So they say the golden rule to getting over an habit is admitting it. The moment you agree you are obsessed over someone, is the day you begin to get over such.
2. Block them off your social media handles. That way you see less of them. The less you see, the less you think about them. And you don’t get to see all those cute comments people leave on their pages that makes you get more upset.
3. Delete their contacts. That will help you not to be tempted to call them. I really hope someone has not memorized the number. Also delete every pictures of them you have saved.Just because a guy calls you 24/7 or chat you up does not mean he is in love with you. He may just fancy your company as a good friend. Quit thinking you both are already an item. Click To Tweet
4. Get your hands busy. An idle mind they say is the devil’s workshop. When your hands are busy, your mind is wandering on how to solve the task at hand.
5. Tell yourself everyday that this person doesn’t feel the same way. Do this repeatedly and you begin to unconsciously feel the need to let go.
6. Shift this obsession to yourself. Obsess about how smart, beautiful/handsome and intelligent you are. Explore new ideas and challenges and do not stop until you succeed at them.Click To Tweet
Everyone has at one point or the other find themselves obsessed about certain people and will not be fulfilled until they get the person’s approval, it is toxic and damaging to us as individual and could definitely ruin our relationships with others.
This post was inspired by a message I culled from DearSalmah’s Whatsapp DP as seen below.
Have you ever been obsessed about someone? Have you ever confused obsession with love? How did you handle this? Know someone who is in this same situation, why not share this post with them.
Shop my look below by clicking the images